Understanding GDPR and it's impact on Data Management Systems
Last quarter, I put together a short presentation on the paper “Understanding and Benchmarking the Impact of GDPR on Database Systems” authored by Supreeth Shastri, Vinay Banakar, Melissa Wasserman, Arun Kumar, and Vijay Chidambaram and presented at VLDB 2020. I also took the opportunity to understand GDPR articles in detail, specifically the ones pertaining to data subject and data controller. I really enjoyed reading the paper and believe it is an important contribution to bridging the gap between privacy regulations and data management systems.
Note: This presentation is my own interpretation of the GDPR articles and the paper. If there is a reference missing to any of the image or content used in the slides, please bring it to my attention.
- Designing privacy preserving data sharing middleware for internet of things
- Semantics for Privacy and Shared Context
- A Semantic Context-Aware Privacy Model for FaceBlock
- Demo: FaceBlock: privacy-aware pictures for google glass
- Towards Privacy-Aware Smart Buildings: Capturing, Communicating, and Enforcing Privacy Policies and Preferences