Presentation on understanding GDPR and it's impact on Data Management Systems
Last quarter, I put together a short presentation on the paper “Understanding and Benchmarking the Impact of GDPR on Database Systems”. This paper was authored by Supreeth Shastri, Vinay Banakar, Melissa Wasserman, Arun Kumar, and Vijay Chidambaram and was presented at VLDB 2020. I really enjoyed reading the paper and believe it is an important contribution to bridging the gap between privacy regulations and data management systems. I also took the opportunity to understand GDPR articles in detail, specifically the ones pertaining to data subject and data controller. You can find the slide deck below.
Note: This presentation is my own interpretation of the GDPR articles and the paper. If there is a reference missing to any of the image or content used in the slides, please bring it to my attention.
- CORGI: An interactive framework for Customizable and Robust Location Obfuscation
- Designing privacy preserving data sharing middleware for internet of things
- Semantics for Privacy and Shared Context
- A Semantic Context-Aware Privacy Model for FaceBlock
- Demo: FaceBlock: privacy-aware pictures for google glass